Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun First Week Freebie


Here is a fun first week freebie for you! I plan to read the story Chrysanthemum and talk to the kids about how we are all unique and different. I will have the kids turn and talk with a partner about why they do/don't like their own name. We will have a short time to share and then I will explain this fun activity they can do with a partner. Because it's the first week, I will go ahead and assign them a partner. I will also do this whole group by putting the printable on the projector, reading aloud each question and then giving them time to discuss, and so on. I will have them write their name in the box at the top (1 letter per box). They will then cut out *each* letter. This will takes lots of modeling/explaining but should be done pretty quickly. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

1 comment:

  1. Um you are SOOO stinkin' creative! I want you to be my kids teachers. Always.

    ReplyDelete